10 Questions with Jordy Smith
Q: What you been up to lately?
A: I’ve been training a little bit and just surfing a lot. Just getting really good waves at home and remembering last year a little bit and changing a few things for this year. I’m just starting really early and making those changes happen.
O: Were you satisfied with how your movie (Bending Colors) turned out?
A: Yeah I was! The movie was super sick and I was pumped on it! In the movie dreams came true for me. Surfing with Tom Curran was something I never thought would happen and going to Reunion with Julian is something I am going to remember. I’m definitely satisfied with it for sure! It’s one where I look back and say wow I’m happy I did that!
Q: Any goals for the new year?
A: World Title for sure! I’m just going head down, and giving it everything.
Q: Are you the hardest working man in surfing?
A: No, I am probably not the hardest working, but I’ll be up there for the guy that has the most fun that’s for sure. That’s when I enjoy surfing the most. This year I’m going to put more work into it.
Q: How was your 6 weeks on the North Shore?
A: It was pretty cool. We stayed at the house at Logs and hung out for a little while. Myself, Lyndall and the Kerr family all stayed. It was pretty mellow but I injured my heel the second day I arrived. I couldn’t really surf too much which really sucked. At Sunset the waves were really good. I could have won the event it was silly for me to injure my heel.
Q: Trunks or wetsuit?
A: Living here in Cape Town when the waves are good you have to wear gloves and booties so it’s a bit of a ying yang. Then again you could go to Indo in trunks… that’s the ultimate.
Q: Tell us something about your new trunks?
A: Well they are the most comfortable I have ever worn that’s for sure. They are really easy to spot in the line up and they look good. They are super quick to dry. I could take them off and chuck them into the sun and in 10 minutes their dry.
Q: Red or White wine?
A: In the summer time defiantly a white wine but at night red.
Q: Does Red Bull give you wings?
A: That’s for you to find out.
Q: What’s next for Jordy Smith?
A: Were going to head out again to get some really good barrels and after that we will go from there.
More Jordy HERE!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame