Malia was in the office Thursday to do some shopping so we were able to catch up with her! We asked her 6 random questions about anything and everything!
OG: When was the last time you were in a mall?
MM: This past winter on the North Shore. It’s actually no fun to go to a mall since I get everything I need from O’Neill. Of course my shoes are from Nike 6.0 and sunglasses from VZ. You can only imagine what that leaves me to shop for- barely anything!
OG: Describe your dream vacation.
MM: Tahiti! I haven’t been there yet and I would love to visit the South Pacific with a few friends. I want to see the pristine water and learn about the culture. Maybe I’ll go there for my 18th birthday.
OG: What do you want for the future?
MM: I just want everyone to be happy and comfortable being themselves and not worry about what other people think. I think everyone should live their own lives and have fun because life is short!
OG: Do you collect anything?
MM: I collect shells from different beaches around the world and make them into charm bracelets and necklaces! You can still see the sand in some of my cowrie shells (she has one of the necklaces she made on in the photos!) I love making jewelry. It’s the fad now on Kauai. Everyone loves making their jewelry and their bangles so I’m jumping on the bandwagon. It is really relaxing for me.
OG: Where is your best friend right now?
MM: I have best friends around the world, but probably on Kauai. All of my closets friends don’t surf. They are into their sports so when I’m home I enjoy doing things with them like hike and just hang out. I like to balance it out!
OG: What is one thing you want people to know about you?
MM: I’m not a gossiper! I’m not the type of girl who gets into peoples business.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame