Catching up with O’Neill team rider Kiana Fores is always a fun thing to do! Kiana recently competed in the HSA state championships and won for the second year in a row! She also just got two new surfboards! Here about what Kiana’s been up to first hand:
“ALOHA! I’ve been quite busy with school, surfing and work but heres what I’ve been up to!
Getting ready for states! Placing my stickers on my new boards, deck pad, leash and fins… CHECK!
Hanging with my little buddy grom from Kauai, Ryder Guest, who RIPS, with all our luggage. He is quite a clown and will make you laugh.
Post Surf session with a beautiful sunset in the back! South side of Oahu has amazing sunsets! I had surfed Ala Moana Bowls right before the contest. It is a super fun left! And I am goofy foot, and enjoy surfing front side!
Enjoying my view from my hotel in my fun O’Neill Riding Pretty Tank!
These are my new boards! The one on left is 5’9 tall 18 ‘3/4 wide and the other one is 5’7 and 19 wide. The one on the right is called a Krunky, its a super fun board for smaller less powerful waves (it’ts designed for groveling and Cali type conditions). The board on the left is my go to board, for all kinds of surf. Tim Caroll has been shaping all my boards from the beginning, he is an awesome shaper and I love every board he has made me
You might not know, but I like to be creative and make designs on my board! I try to incorporate my style and colors that are happy! I made a sunflower because I love sunshine and flowers, therefore sunflowers and awesome! I also made a sea horse with fat kissy lips! Her name is Sandy the sea horse!
And I won HSA state championships for the second year in a row! I am super stoked and was very lucky to score some really fun waves!
I also got 5th in the girls longboard!
Hope you enjoyed my photos! I will be getting ready for the Volcom contest in Newport Beach, Ca next week! Happy almost summer!”
-Kiana (the mermaid)
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame