What have I not been doing this year?
The QS full time, surf trips and enjoying my surfing lifestyle.
Last year not qualifying encouraged me to try really hard this year, but I think I put too much pressure on myself as it showed in certain results.
I competed in my first WCT which was awesome! Peru is a crazy third world country with great waves. You start to learn that even the most un-populated places have great surf.
I think that’s one of the best things about surfing, you can go anywhere where there’s a coast line and make something surf-able (if that’s even a word). I started to really enjoy and absorb other cultures, I fell semi in love with Europe’s ancient historic buildings and their espresso shots of coffee in gas stations. My mom pretty much traveled to every event with me this year and that made us even closer than we’ve ever been.
I won the US Open Pro Junior and that was the highlight of my year. Performing in front of hundreds either makes or breaks you and I really enjoyed succeeding in front of many eyes.
I went on my first boat trip to Indonesia! That was a completely different type of surf trip that I have ever been on! Surfing for 8 hours a day in pretty much the harshest sun ever! I was able to talk with a lot of the locals, who had no idea about the westernized world.
Loving every second at home that I get! Working the facebook page, love twitter. Currently I’m working with Channel Islands surfboards on equipment which is so crucial to surfing.
Love my O’Neill family and all the support they continue to give me! I’m planning on getting really fit and focused for the remainder of the year. You have to over prepare to not under perform! So that my latest motto! Thanks to Shaun Ward! Best team manager…
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith