The O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge happened over the weekend at the Ron Jon’s Beach ‘N Boards Fest. The event kicked off on Saturday morning at 8 with registration for the Elite Race or the 1 & 3 mile race. Over a 100 paddlers showed up for the event, making it the largest yet.
The Elite race was a grueling 8-mile course with 80-degree weather and wind coming from the South at 13 mph, creating challenging conditions for the final stretch of the race. A $3,000 cash purse was up for grabs in the Elite Race. Gabriel Sevigny took tops honors in the Men’s Elite race and Lina Augaitis finished first in the Women’s Elite Division.
After the Elite Race, the 1 & 3 mile race took place and was open to all paddlers. There were paddlers from 10 years old up to 70 all competing in the event. The event ended with Rob Rojas putting on a demo for any of the eager spectators wanting to learn and get introduce to the SUP scene.
Overall the event was a success with families and competitors traveling from all over to participate in this years Cocoa Beach Challenge.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge