Team Rider, Fiona Wylde, competed in the Master of Ocean competition in the Dominican Republic. This competition does not have a separate women’s division so Fiona competed amongst the guy’s in the Men’s overall event. She placed third and excelled with her performance during the event. Read Fiona’s recap of the event and see images of her during the competition below.
“I am just coming back from the Dominican Republic where I competed in the waterman event called Master of the Ocean. Master of the Ocean is a windsurf, kitesurf, stand up surf and surf contest at Encuentro Beach in Cabarete. This event is one of my favorite events of the year because we’re constantly doing something fun on the water and off the water the people are so kind and helpful.
This year, there were no other women competing in the overall division, so I competed against the Men’s. I did really well and finished 3rd overall in the Men’s division! I finished 2nd in SUP Surfing, 4th in Windsurfing, 5th in Surfing and 9th in Kite Surfing. I am so excited to have made the podium at this event, especially when competing against the guys! Competing with the men pushes my level so much and I am really glad for this opportunity.
Master of the Ocean is run so smoothly by the hard working staff that puts this event together. When I arrived, I was greeted by wonderful people with big smiles, welcoming me back to Cabarete. The event is definitely special.” – Fiona Wylde
A big CONGRATS to our girl Fiona and the success she’s had in her season so far! Keep up the good work!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Style Muse Diaries: Florida Springs
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Surf Muse: Neva Kaya
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Festival Hair and Make Up Tips From Karolina Bernat