With the completion of the final stop on the 2011 ASP Women’s Star Series, the Azores, the elite ASP Top 17 have just been announced! Congratulations to O’Neill Girls team riders Malia Manuel and Sage Erickson for qualifying for the 2012 World Tour!
We couldn’t be more proud of both girls and just wanted to give a huge shout out and say good luck on the upcoming 2012 World Tour!
Photo credit: ASP
Malia just won big at the ASP 6-Star Billabong Girls Azores Islands Pro in Sao Miguel and. The conditions were great with 3-4ft peaks. And just last week she had another star victory in Pantin, Spain.
“It feels surreal right now. I had struggled at the beginning of the year and then come to Europe and wind two events in-a-row is just extraordinary. I don’t know what to say. I am so happy we had waves and it was a great final. To win back-to-back feels really good. (laughs)”
Photo credit: ASP
Sage Erickson’s most recent win came with a second place at the Swatch Girls Pro Junior France where she competed neck and neck in solid 4ft peaks at Les Bourdaines. This competition really helped secure her a spot on the elite 2012 ASP Women’s World Tour.
“In each contest I am striving to get on the Women’s World Tour and I think it is a dream like every other surfer has to get on that tour. I have definitely been trying a lot harder to improve my surfing and it seems to be falling into place. I am really excited and I am taking it contest by contest and heat by heat.”
You go girls!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March