Corona Extra Pro Circuit O’Neill Series
The 28th Edition of the Corona Extra Pro Surf Circuit O’Neill Series #2 finished and crowned champions last weekend in 1-3 foot surf.
The surfers battled in difficult small conditions but this do not stop finalists to show their repertory of maneuvers and great performance. The champions, Brian Toth (PR) and Nikki Viesins (Fl), were able to prove themselves in varying small waves and wind conditions.
Toth channeled his stand-out performance on day one into a $10,000 champion check on the final day. He stayed consistent and stuck to catching mostly rights off the Middles point and annihilating them with sharp backhand pocket surfing. The final showdown was between Brian Toth (PR) and Dylan Graves (PR). Both surfers opened the heat up with good waves but Brian was able to hold the win with the highest wave of the event an 9.23. Dylan also posted multiple goods by putting his power surfing on display. Other top performances of the event were semi finalists Cody Thompson (Fl) and Rafael Pereira (VNZ). The highest heat total was awarded to Brian Toth (PR) with a 17.16, he received the O’Neill Best Performance of the Event award for $1,000. Toth entertained the crowd with his airs and long combinations. He was able to use his speed to make long sections where other surfers were getting caught behind.
Florida resident Nikki Viesins (Fl) put her small wave knowledge on display and came out the victor on the women’s side of competition. Viesins was able to find herself on the better waves and utilize her priority toward a win over Alexis Engstrom (PR) and take home the $5,000 first prize check. Viesins also won the O’Neill Best Performance of the Event award for her high heat total a 16.17 and receive a check for $1,000. Other top surfers on the women’s side were semi-finalists Maria Kuzmovich (PR) and Amy Murphree (PR). Kuzmovich had a notable performance during the event but running short in the semis and loosing to runner-up Alexis Engstrom but posting the 2nd highest heat score of in the women’s division of the event, a 12.90.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame