Earth Day, Everyday, A Lifetime for a Beautiful World!
With exposure to more global awareness these days, there are more and more cosmetic companies that offer ways to decrease your carbon footprint. Here at O’Neill Clothing, we have the sustainable, eco-friendly line ECO’Neill that aims to increase awareness and increase the amount of sustainable manufacturing practices industry-wide.
The cosmetic industry is also taking the same steps to increase sustainable manufacturing practices by using green and eco-friendly products with safe and natural ingredients.
John Laumer, an independent consultant for the online website dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream, TreeHugger.com, states that, “One specific way to decrease your carbon footprint is to eschew petroleum-based lipsticks and gloss, which deplete a non-renewable resource.” He also warns us to watch out for the buzz-words such as “mineral” or “organic” as they are not always truly safe and natural. In 2005, California passed the California Safe Cosmetics Act, a law that requires all cosmetic companies that sell products in California, to label on all products, any ingredient that is on state and federal lists of chemicals that cause cancer or birth defects. This act has enabled the consumer to be more aware of all ingredients in their hair products, skincare, and beauty products within California.
There are so many makeup lines out on the market with Organic or Green products. Here are a few that caught my eye and are highly recommended by professionals in the industry, celebrities, and beauty experts.
A website with organic and natural beauty products: futurenatural.com
One of my favorite quotes on their website is, “Green is the New Black”. This quote allows others to know how important it is to be green as well as how trendy being green has become.
Within the website, you can find lines such as RMS Beauty, Sukicolor, Scotch Naturals Nail Polishes, and other real organic and natural products.
– Dr. Hauschka
Recommended products are the Mascara Intermezzo, Novum Lipgloss, Translucent Makeup, and Rouge Powder According to their website they use bio-dynamic, organically grown, and natural preservatives without any chemical additives. They also do not test any ingredients on any animals, ever. Many celebrities have said that they use products from this line such as Jennifer Aniston, Oprah Winfrey, Alicia Silverstone, Emily Deschanel, Leighton Meester, and Madonna.
– Another line that has received a lot acclaim is Gabriel Cosmetics.
Jillian Michaels’ makeup artist Paige Padgett a proclaimed ‘Green Beauty’ expert, uses green and natural products such as Gabriel Cosmetics Zuzu Luxe Eyeliner in Leaf
More recommended Gabriel Cosmetics products such as the Color Eyeshadows, Concealer, Lip2Cheek lip gloss and blush.
– Another line getting great acclaim is Josie Maran Cosmetics – this is a line by a former model and has tons of great products. The Argan Mascara has won Allure Magazine’s Editor’s Choice award and rave reviews from online consumers.
– Aveda – They have a wealth of haircare, skincare, and makeup products and have been fore-runners in natural and environmentally friendly products. I really like their Inner Light(tm) Mineral Tinted Moisture with SPF 15. The tinted moisturizer has even coverage, gives a natural dewy glow, and has an SPF of 15. This is a perfect everyday tinted moisturizer/foundation. Aveda stands by their slogan, “products that nurture”.
– Tarte Cosmetics– This line is amazing! They have an array of colors, products and over 98% of their products are formulated without parabens, phthalates, sulfates and synthetic fragrances. Maureen Kelly started the line out of her one bedroom apartment in 1999. She says, “We like to say we’re doing the ‘leg work’ to help all of us minimize our carbon footprints”. I absolutely love their Natural Cheek Stains and LipSurgence™ Lip Tints in all shades and colors.
– Skin by Stella McCartney – Stella McCartney, the Fashion designer, vegetarian, and daughter of the legendary Paul McCartney has released a new skincare line found at Sephora that is 100% Organic, free of endangered plants, no chemical preservatives and never tested on animals. I can’t wait to try it!
It is so exciting that there are so many natural, organic and green products on the market today! Ten years ago, I went to a Burt’s Bees seminar for a product knowledge class. I learned so many amazing things about products in general, the environment, and natural ingredients, that have made such a huge impression on me and how I eat, shop, and live. Their slogan is, “Earth Friendly Natural Skincare for the Greater Good”. For me, these are words I aspire to live by for the future of my health and the planet.
Hopefully this blog has given you some tools to want to do the same.
Have a Happy Earth Day, everyday!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Style Muse Diaries: Florida Springs
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Surf Muse: Neva Kaya
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Festival Hair and Make Up Tips From Karolina Bernat
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge