Since the late ’60s, live music festivals have been the gateway to undiscovered and big time musicians alike to come together in one space to create musical history. Since then, hundreds of live music events have taken place throughout the United States. Although some more known than others, each festival has it’s own vibe, musical talents, and attendees.
The first major festival that kicks off 2013 is South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin, Texas on March 8-17. The 10 day festival is not only dedicated to music but to film and interactive media as well.
As with all music festivals, what you’re wearing is almost as big as who’s performing. So, what to wear?
SXSW is not so “hobo chic” as the ever-so-popular Coachella, but has a tougher, edgier vibe. Stick to darker hues or pair feminine pieces with tougher accessories like a leather cuff, spike bracelets, or black moto boots.
*Necklace by Rope the Moon
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Style Muse Diaries: Florida Springs
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Surf Muse: Neva Kaya
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Festival Hair and Make Up Tips From Karolina Bernat
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge