John John Florence has won his 3rd consecutive WQS event, (Sunset, Pipeline & now Margret River) dominating the Hawaii-esc conditions all week to become the 2012 champ, walking away with $40,000 & 6500 ratings points.
“I’ve been having a lot of fun this week,” Florence said. “The waves are a lot like home, even the wind when it’s good for airs is a lot like Hawaii. The waves have been fun in all of my heats. I’m so stoked to win. This gives me a lot of confidence going into Bells because I hear the waves are similar”.
Malia Manuel has also continued her amazing Rookie Season & Australian leg (5th Roxy Pro, 2nd Newcastle 6* WQS) finishing runner up to last years defending champ Courtney Conologue. The second place finish pushes Manuel to 1st on the Women’s World Ranking making her the most consistent female in the world so far this year.
John John & Malia will both travel to Bells Beach for the Rip Curl Pro ASP WT event starting April 3rd thru 14th.
The post FLORENCE WINS & MANUEL RUNNER UP AT DRUG AWARE PRO MARGRET RIVER. appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career