INNATE Trailer #2 | At Home and Giving Back
O’Neill releases the second teaser of the surf documentary “INNATE”. The second installment “At Home and Giving Back” gives a brief glance of Nate Yeomans’ life at home in San Clemente. This video focuses on Nate’s innovative grassroots contest, the Fish Bowl, the first major WQS event of the year, the Lowers Pro WSL, as well as what helps motivate him to achieve success.
The Nate Yeomans’ Fish Bowl is a local San Clemente surf contest that Nate created, to give back to the up and coming youth of San Clemente. This year, he partnered the Shore Cliffs Junior high surf team members with 20 professional surfers, such as Kolohe Andino, Sebastian Zeitz and Ian Crane. Each kid on the surf team was paired up with a pro and they surfed their heats together as a duo. “At the Fish Bowl, every kid is a winner! This year every kid will walk away with a new favorite pro and friend, as well as a grip of prizes from our sponsors,” said Yeomans.
One week after the Fish Bowl came the Lowers Pro WSL 10,000, in San Clemente, Ca. With this venue in his backyard and previous successes in this event, it held a lot of pressure for Nate. An early round elimination fueled Nate for the next WSL 10,000 in Brazil, where he had a worthy result, making the quarterfinals as well as giving him motivation for the rest of the year.
Nate Yeomans has tasted both success and failure. “INNATE” is his story. Nate qualified for the World Tour in 2010 and got a chance to experience life competing on the WCT. After a mid year cut, he was forced back onto the Qualifying Series and eventually lost his main sponsor. After almost calling it quits, Nate worked hard to get back on top, not without frustrations and failures along the way. With a win at the 2014 O’Neill Coldwater Classic, Nate has been given a chance to live out his dream, again. This surf documentary will follow Nate on his quest in 2015 where we will get glimpse into where Nate has come from and where he is going.
“INNATE” teasers will be released throughout 2015, leading up to the premiere of the full-length video in fall of 2015. Watch for the trailers at O’Neill and our media partner’s websites.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- The Life of Glide
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January
- Soli Bailey Wins Pipe Pro, Leads Qualifying Series