One winter’s worth of epic waves just wasn’t enough. So, in the wake of this year’s wildly successful O’Neill Wave of the Winter competition on Oahu’s North Shore (won by Mikey O’Shaughnessy), O’Neill and Surfline had no choice but to take the event global, shifting its focus to the Southern Hemisphere’s antipodal winter season: a whole new world of epic waves and rides.
Running from June through September, and accepting entries from any surf spot south of the equator, the O’Neill Wave of the Winter has expanded — no longer limited to just the greatest ride of the season from a single stretch of Hawaiian coastline.
By expanding the format to include the Southern Hemisphere, the O’Neill Wave of the Winter will become a premier benchmark of peak performance: one surfer on one wave, going deep when judged on a single, high-performance ride.
An international panel of judges will eventually decide the winner of a cash prize — $25,000 going to the surfer and a cool $5,000 to the videographer.
The post Introducing: O’Neill Wave of the Winter Southern Hemisphere appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career