Jay Wild & Fiona Wylde Take the Jam from the Dam Title and O’Neill Tahoe SUP Series Lead.
A perfect July day set the tone for the Jam from the Dam, the second stop of the O’Neill Tahoe SUP Race Series. The Jam is a 6-mile point-to-point race from Commons Beach, Tahoe City to Waterman’s Landing, Carnelian Bay where paddlers test their endurance with a full sprint to the for the entirety of the race.
Tahoe local Jay Wild had a strong finish with a time of 58 min 59 sec to secure the Jam Elite Title, edging out second place finisher Benjamin Sarrrazin who finished at 59 min 7 sec. Seth Springer rounded out the podium with a time of 1 hour even. Former series leader, Rob Rojas finished fourth, setting up a major showdown at the Fall Classic in September between Wild, Sarrazin and Rojas for the overall series title and prize purse.
Fiona Wylde kept her series title lead by taking the Jam Elite Women’s Title with a blistering time of 1 hour 6 min. Wylde also won the first stop of the O’Neill Tahoe SUP Race Series back in May at the Donner Lake event. The combined wins put her in prime position to capture the overall series title and prize purse. Jen Fuller took the second spot with a time of 1 hour 8 min, the runner up finish keeps her contention with Wylde for the overall prize. Nina Oakley finished third with a time of 1 hour 9 min.
The Tahoe Cup SUP Series finale, the Fall Classic, is set for September 15th. The 22-mile race is a grueling paddle from Camp Richardson Marina, South Lake Tahoe to Kings Beach, North Lake Tahoe. Not only will the Fall Classic decide the overall Elite Series titles/cash purse for both men’s and women’s, but will also showcase it’s own individual event prize purse. A combined $20k will be up for grabs at the Fall Classic.
Men’s 6MI Elite Results:
1. Jay Wild M 33 Truckee, CA 14’ Elite 58:59
2. Benjamin Sarrazin M 39 Petaluma, CA 14’ Elite 59:07
3. Seth Springer M 39 Malibu, CA 14’ Elite 1:00
Women’s 6MI Elite Results:
1. Fiona Wylde F 16 Hood Rive, OR Stock Elite 1:06
2. Jen Fuller F 49 Sausalito, CA Stock Elite 1:08
3. Nina Oakley F 31 Reno, NV Stock Elite 1:09
The post Jay Wild & Fiona Wylde Take the Jam from the Dam Title appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith