Jeison Torres Abarca Wins 2014 O’Neill Coldwater Classic Invitational Wildcard
O’Neill is pleased to present the exclusive wildcard into the 2014 O’Neill Coldwater Classic Invitational to Costa Rica’s Jeison Torres Abarca. Abarca earned his spot into the acclaimed event by winning an online voting contest against three other surfers. The event will take place at Steamer Lane in Santa Cruz, California from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1 and will award one lucky winner a life-changing yearlong O’Neill Wetsuits contract worth $50,000 in travel incentives and contest fees.
Thousands of votes were cast in the public online poll in which 26-year-old Abarca earned a solid 44% of the vote based on his winning video submission. The other three contenders included Leif Engstrom (31%), Kadin Panesi (15%) and Austin Smith-Ford (10%).
Abarca will join the field of 15 other unsponsored surfers invited to compete in the Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) Specialty Event. All 16 of the surfers have one thing in common, none has a major sponsor and the $50,000 grand prize could change their life by giving them the rare opportunity to spend a full year competing on the World Qualifying Series (WQS) circuit to chase their World Championship Tour (WCT) dreams.
Watch the live broadcast, learn more and follow all of the action at www.oneill.com/cwc/ #oneillcwc
Special thanks to sponsors and event partners Nexen Tire, Futures Fins, Watermans Sunscreen, Flips Audio, Banzai Bowls, On a Mission, Hotel Paradox, Cruzio Internet, East Side Eatery, Mulcoy Travel, SURFER Magazine and Surfline for supporting the 2014 O’Neill Coldwater Classic Invitational.
The post Jeison Torres Abarca Wins 2014 O’Neill Coldwater Classic Invitational Wildcard appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January