Congrats to John John, Jaime O’Brien, Kai Barger and Nate Yeomans for one of the best finals Pipeline has seen. Jaime O’Brien looked to shut the door on the rest of the pack early on with a 9.0 on his first wave and an 8.33 for a follow up in the first 5 minutes.
Jaime had three 9+ rides in the heat and had the field combo’d. Kai Barger battled wave for wave with Jaime and paced him nearly wave for wave with an 8.87 and a 9.3. Jaime’s third 9+ wave was a 9.93 that put Kai back in combo land, but not before John John caught a picture perfect Pipe barrel and scored a perfect 10.
With his high 9’s, Jaime knew John John was his only threat and with two minutes to go he shadowed John John. With the surf apparently going flat, John John congratulated Jaime in the water… until he spied a bump coming his way.
Before Jaime saw what was happening John John bolted, first going for the left then changing to the right where he dropped into a backdoor barrel and scored a 9.93 to bump Jaime out of the top spot as the horn sounded the end of the 2012 Volcom Pipe Pro! Epic! Special thanks to Transworld Surf/Brian Bielmann/JC for the photos!
The post John John Wins Back to Back Titles at the Pipe Pro! appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January