For the first event of 2011 Jordy continued his come-from-behind style to settle him on an equal third footing. This isn’t the first time he has changed the power balance of his heat on the last wave, just watch Portugal and Trestles of 2010. This time he upped the ante by doing it twice in successive heats against Parko in Round 5 and Alejo in the quarterfinals. In the semis, Jordy couldn’t find the waves to beat an on-form Taj Burrow.
In a tweet by GrindTV,”Jordy has made the quarters in 10 of the last 11 events…each time he’s made it through he’s gone on to make the Final.” Unfortunately that streak didn’t continue here, but its still heavily stacked in Jordy’s favor. Its just another reason why he continues to be a threat for a WT title.
Want a pair of the Signature Jordyfreak boardshorts that he wore during the contest?
“I’m stoked to get off to a strong start for the year, but know there’s a lot of work to be done,” said Smith.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith