JORDY SMITH WINS THE WORLD CUP OF SURFING, TORREY MEISTER FINISHES 3rd
As a warm-up for the final world tour event in Hawaii, Team O’Neill rider Jordy Smith took out the Vans World Cup of Surfing at Sunset Beach, Hawaii. Although a qualifying event that does not count towards world title ranking, Smith beat out elite world tour and qualifying series surfers to earn the prestigious World Cup of Surfing title and his first victory in Hawaiian waters. Amongst the strong field, was fellow Team O’Neill rider, Torrey Meister. Meister was an event standout and finished third in the final.
Over the years, Smith has held a love-hate relationship with Sunset Beach. His powerful surfing and the big waves of Sunset are a perfect match, but after two finals early in his career, Smith had to wait a decade for the inevitable win. Jordy said, “I feel like this event has eluded me in the past. I didn’t have any expectations; I think that was the difference for this event. I just kind of went out there with an open mind. Thanks to everyone who supported me.” Jordy now moves on to the finale of the WSL world tour season at the Pipe Masters.
The post JORDY SMITH WINS THE WORLD CUP OF SURFING, TORREY MEISTER FINISHES 3rd appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith