O’Neill team rider Kaleigh Gilchrist wins the girls 18 and under Surfing America USA Championship title for the second year in a row!!
Today we had a celebration party for Kaleigh at O’Neill headquarters. Read her interview below and check out the pictures. Congratulations Kaleigh!!
Q: How does it feel to be the two time Surfing America USA Champion?
A: It’s awesome. One of my biggest goals this year was to defend my title. It feels great to come out and leave my 18 and under age group with a championship.
Q: What are your future surfing goals?
A: Nationals is going on now so I would like to make the finals. The US Open is coming up and I would like to make the finals in the Pro Juniors and get through a couple of heats in the 6 star if I get in. I’m leaving for Indo in a week and while I’m in college I would like to do a few contests and just keep surfing.
Q: How long have you been with O’Neill?
A: Oh wow, a long time, 6 or 7 years…
Q: Tell us your thoughts on USC and going to school?
A: I’m super excited to go to SC, move out of Newport, meet new people and experience college.
Q: Are you going to keep surfing through school?
A: Definitely. I’m going to try and do some QS events and pro juniors for a couple years.
Q: Were you surprised today when you walked into the O’Neill office and everyone was spraying confettie to congratulate you?A: Yeah, I definitely was. I was confused when I first walked in the door and everyone was doing the confetti poppers and stuff. I think my mom even jumped. It was really great to have the support from the whole team at O’Neill.
The post Kaleigh Gilchrist wins 18 and Under Surfing America USA Championship! appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge