Professional athletes. Where do they get their motivation to stay continuously fit? We say it’s all in the music and the outfit. O’Neill surf pro, Malia Manuel, gives us the lowdown on her workout playlist to keep her on point no matter the activity.
With surfing, or any professional sport, staying in tip top shape is key to a better performance. It’s definitely tough staying on a consistent workout schedule when traveling, but I always make sure to make time for a run or a quick yoga session.
Although, I can’t do it without a great playlist. Right now, I’m really into Ellie Goulding’s Anything Could Happen, Rihanna’s Right Now featuring David Guetta, and will.i.am.’s Scream & Shout, just to name a few! I love anything with a good beat.
So there you have it! The quest to be the best surfer in the world and a little dance music to keep your workout motivation strong.
Do you have a favorite workout song? We’d love to take a listen!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January
- Soli Bailey Wins Pipe Pro, Leads Qualifying Series
- Seth Moniz leads O’Neill Wave of the Winter Breakthrough Performer Award
- Windows and Angles featuring Shaun Burns