No matter who we are, what we do, or where we live… Life gets busy! And when life gets busy we get reeeeaaaaal hungry.
Today’s “Lifestyle Thursday” is inspired by our Nor Cal sales rep, Ann Bartoz. She’s a California native, living in Santa Cruz, CA where our brand began back in 1952 when Jack O’Neill invented the most innovative surf suit of all time, the wetsuit!
Ann brings us a snapshot of what she offered the retail buyers at her local tradeshow in Reno, NV – a trail mix bar!…B R I L L I A N T! What better what to stay healthy and curb your appetite than with a homemade trail mix. Best part is … you decide what goes in the recipe! Yum yum yum.
Need some ideas? Look no further! Check out our trail mix recipe by eatingwell.com. With only 102 calories per serving, this little snack will be your go-to staple!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 ounce whole shelled (unpeeled) almonds
- 1/4 ounce unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 ounce dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate chips
*please note this is for 2 servings
Here’s what you do:
- Combine almonds, peanuts, cranberries, dates and chocolate chips in a small bowl.
Trust us.. it’s healthy!
Per serving: 102 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 29 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium, magnesium, fiber, vitamins E and C.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat
Have a healthy snack idea? Let us know below!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Style Muse Diaries: Florida Springs
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Surf Muse: Neva Kaya
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Festival Hair and Make Up Tips From Karolina Bernat
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Festival Styling Tips With Melodi Meadows
- SURF BIZARRE
- Soli Bailey Wins Pipe Pro, Leads Qualifying Series