Kiana just finished up her finals before the holiday break and took some time to answer a few questions for us!
You are 15 years old. How long have you been surfing?
I have been surfing for 7 years.
When was the first time you stepped on a surfboard?
I was 8 months old!
What do you like best and least about surfing?
The best thing about surfing is being out in the ocean and seeing how amazing it is and it will always cheer you up! The thing I like least about surfing are the crowds. It can get really crowded out there. I love surfing, not floating!
Have you been traveling a lot lately and if so where are your favorite places to surf?
I actually haven’t traveled very much, only inter-island for contests and California, but I look forward to traveling in the future for sure and seeing the world. I would also like to get out of the country and maybe go on a surf trip.
What do you do right before one of your heats to get pumped up?
I listen to music for sure! I focus on what the ocean is doing, warm up my body and pray.
What’s on your ipod right now?
Hmmm….Kid Cudi, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Ke$ha, Katy Perry and pretty much anything that pumps me up. I absolutly LOVE music! “DJ K”
What are your interests outside of surfing?
Running, hanging out with friends, music and dancing!
What do you do on your downtime to relax?
I don’t have much downtime, but when I do, I relax by reading, facebook, hang with friends and play my ukulele.
Do you have a workout routine when you aren’t in the water?
I like to run when I have time, back rolls, jump roping, but not legit routine.
Who are you surf idols?
Andy Irons (RIP)! He definitely set the platform for Kauaians and all the Hawaiian girls!
What are your goals with surfing?
Since I’m young, I would definitely like to win a national title. I would also like to surf the WQS and maybe be on the WCT one day. That is my ultimate goal!
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself living in Hawaii, surfing of course, maybe going to college or surfing the world! I guess I’ll have to find out!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge