O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
This past weekend Ron Jon’s hosted it’s annual spring break Beach ’N Boards Fest, which brings together the industry for a weekend of competition in basically every water sport from surfing to stand up paddle.
O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge in conjunction with Ron Jon’s Beach ‘N Boards Fest, showcased some of the best stand up paddlers in Florida. The event kicked off Saturday morning with the elite race along with the one and three mile races. Over 90 competitors were in attendance ranging in age from 15 to 60+. “This is our third year and our best turn out to date. We have a great combination of elite racers, age groups, and recreational paddlers. The generous purses from O’Neill have attracted some of Florida’s top pros,” says Dan Smith, race director.
The Elite race was a demanding 8-mile course. Garrett Fletcher took tops honors in the Men’s Elite race while Team O’Neill’s Brad Ward took second on the podium. Reigning champ Seychelle Hattingh placed first in the Women’s Elite division. “The win was fantastic! The hardships of the course were mitigated knowing everyone had to tough it out. The best part though, is the vibe and community. Smiles all around,” Seychelle.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells