O’Neill Wave of the Winter Forecast – Indian Winter Continues
It’s looking like Christmas in July in the Indian Ocean, and if you choose the right wave, it might be worth a $25,000 present as the O’Neill Wave of the Winter continues through the middle of the Southern Hemisphere winter.
The Indian is the basin that keeps on giving this winter, generating the bulk of the entries with submissions mailed in from Desert Point, Padang Padang, Riles, Silabu and Bank Vault already on the board. And we’re expecting to see more from the region as another long run of healthy swell is setting up for next week.
Breaks on the eastern side of the Pacific have been a little quiet as of late, after their strong run later last month. A complex and persistent storm near the region will change this pattern soon, however. And over in the Atlantic, most are aware that things are a little quiet there too, with all waiting to see the final rounds of the J-Bay Open. Solid swell builds into the end of week for the more exposed breaks of South Africa, and provides fun swell to JBay to wrap up the event.
And there are still may other breaks out there that could take the top spot, or at least break up Indo’s early grip on the contest. Where are the entries from Skeleton Bay, Gnarloo, Cave Rock, Dungeons, Shipstern’s Bluff, The Right, Cyclops, The Box, North Point? These and many other possibilities are out there waiting.
The post O’Neill Wave of the Winter Forecast – Indian Winter Continues appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith