Sunset Beach, Hawaii, November 24-December 6, 2010
$100,000 Women’s ASP World Tour Event
O’Neill Girls sponsors second jewel of Vans Triple Crown
In 1974 Hawaii’s Laura Blears single-handedly took on an all-male field at Sunset Beach in the Smirnoff Pro, essentially changing the face of pro surfing. After Blears’ appearance at Sunset Beach, women became a regular feature of the North Shore when the first organized world tour culminated in Hawaii in 1977.
Fast forward to 2010 and Sunset Beach is again playing a role in the history of women’s pro surfing. O’Neill is stepping up to sponsor the second jewel of the 2009 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing. In addition, the O’Neill World Cup of Surfing Sunset Beach is the penultimate contest of the women’s Championship Tour.
Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Executive Director Randy Rarick is excited about the
O’Neill World Cup of Surfing Sunset Beach event and the future of women’s professional surfing.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge