O’Neill x Surfline Wave Of The Winter
The Sixth Annual O’Neill Wave of the Winter starts Sunday, November 1.
Now boasting a fresh “Breakthrough Performer” division, the legendary event promises to be especially nuts this year, with El Nino predicted to bring about potentially historic surf.
Remember, there are big bucks on the line for this one: O’Neill is offering a $25,000 prize for the winning surfer and $5,000 for the accompanying filmer, while Clif Bar will once again put up $20,000 for the Overall Performance Award ($10,000 to the surfer with an additional $10,000 donation in the surfer’s name going to a nonprofit benefiting the local community and/or environment.) And the all-new Breakthrough Performer Award will give $5000 to the surfer, 19 years old or younger, who rises above all others in his or her age group with sustained, standout performances along the Seven Mile Miracle from November through February.
The event dates are the same as last year: November 1 through February 28. After each month, the field of entrants will be narrowed and the top rides highlighted in an editorial feature on Surfline that will allow users to vote for a monthly winner. Each monthly winner wins a $1000 cash prize. In early March, an esteemed panel of judges, including Head Judge Gerry Lopez, Ross Williams, Pancho Sullivan and Shawn Briley, will select the ultimate winning wave as well as the season’s Overall Performance and Breakthrough Performer Awards. To submit entries, upload here.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame