It’s true..without dad where would we be? Well, not on this Earth that’s for sure!
We sat down with O’Neill Girls’ Kiana Fores and got the scoop why her Papa is #1.
“Without my dad I wouldn’t be who I am and where I am today. He has had such a huge impact on my life and I’m so lucky to have him.
We’ve been surf buddies since day one. He took me surfing as a baby and even held me with his teeth!
He’s taught me so much about life, the ocean and living. He’s one of the smartest people I know! He has taught me that hard work pays off and you will never know until you try.
Every time we’d surf he’d push me and tell me to surf with my heart, but most importantly to have fun! “Go Kiana!,” he would cheer in the line up.
Over the years we’ve developed what we like to call “surfing ground rules:”
- Don’t leave surf for surf
- Don’t rate the waves on how you surfed them, but how they actually are
- Don’t drop in on dad
- ALWAYS smile!
We also have our own fun and wave scale so that we understand how good the waves are! Haha
My dad is different because I call him Papa! Don’t know why, but I never call him dad.
He’s truly the best! He can fix anything (literally), cook like America’s Next Top Chef and he does every water sport under the sun!
He’s a hardworking father and I’m SO lucky! Yeee!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Papas!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- The Life of Glide
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Soli Bailey Wins Pipe Pro, Leads Qualifying Series