Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January
Surprise! Peruvian charger Sebastián Correa wins the O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January.
What’s surprising is that he won by a huge margin, his 2,300 votes trouncing runner-up Koa Rothman’s 800 points, and leaving the other three contenders — Jamie O’Brien, Mason Ho and Ryan Hipwood — in the dust.
You probably wouldn’t expect for a quiet 21-year-old to find the wave of the day on one of the biggest days of the season — a huge, long, violent, perfect barrel exploding at Off-the-Wall on January 19th — but that’s how things turned out.
“It was the best wave of my life,” Correa told Surfline. “The competition is tough to win the entire thing, but I know that my wave is there, right beside some of the biggest names in the sport.”
Read the rest here.
The post Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge