Seb Toots is coming off an amazing weekend at X Games 15. The Canadien is coming home with two medals (Gold in Slopestyle, Silver in Big Air) and a brand new Jeep. That’s not bad considering Sebastien Toutant is only 18 years old and missed out on last years XGames due to an ankle injury. 2010 might have been a whole lot different for Seb with out that injury if XGames 11 is any indication. The list of accomplishments in the last few months keep adding up; O’Neill Evolution winner, XGames gold, and he just signed a 5 year contract extension with O’Neill!
To help celebrate with Seb, (sort of) get 30% off on O’Neill snow gear in the shop!
Big Air Competition
Friday night saw Toutant, 18 year-old from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, throw down in the Big Air competition in Aspen, landing a frontside double cork 1080 and a backside double cork 1260. In the end, Torstein Horgmo bumped Toutant out of first with an impressive triple cork but Sebastien wasn’t discouraged. In fact, his fire was fuelled as he prepared to take his skills to the next level at Sunday’s slopestyle competition.
Amid mild temperatures and partially sunny skies, the competitors took to the course this afternoon. Eight men in total were vying for the top spot, awarded to the highest score in a best of three run format. Seb took the lead early on with a killer run that started out with a Cab 270 gap to kink, followed by a frontside 270 on the down rail, into a frontside board 270 out into a 50/50 backside rodeo 540. Keeping his speed into the jump section, Toutant threw down a Cab double cork 1260 melon, followed by a frontside double cork 1080 melon, finishing with his signature “Tootsie Roll” – a backside double cork 1080.
Try as they might, none of the competition could top Toutant’s high score. As the afternoon wore on, flat light on the landings challenged the riders, resulting in few clean runs. And so, with his first run high score holding up, Toutant was able to take a victory lap and ride away with gold.
But the good news didn’t end there. Thanks to his impressive showing in both the Big Air and Slopestyle competitions, Sebastien ended up winning the X Games Most Outstanding Athlete Award and driving home a new Jeep Compass.
The post Sebastien Toutant Takes Slopestyle Gold at Winter X Games 15 appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith