STAB X O’Neill present Jordy Smith’s movie NOW NOW
Jordy Smith’s latest film “NOW NOW” is unadulterated surf porn. It’s less about the editors artistic impression, and all about what one of the most relevant surfers in the world is doing between dawn and dusk. Aavailable on iTunes Friday, September 13.
Jordy Smith stormed onto the World Tour in 2008 with no apologies and no prisoners. Since first pulling on a ‘Smith’ jersey, he’s brought home victories (J-Bay), accomplished personal goals (winning outside South Africa, in Rio), clocked 10s (everywhere) and shown us all how endearing the transition from cocky benchwarmer to graceful batsman can really be.
Watching all 6’3″ of him hospitalise a beachbreakend section or man-handle a Cloudbreak freight train with equal panache will steal your breath. But Jordy doesn’t just dance for the judges – 2013’s been a year in which he has shocked with freesurf clips, it was only a matter of time ’til we would be gifted a digital extended play.
Welcome to NOW NOW, a collage of moments tagged and bagged during the first six months of this year. Filmed in Mozambique, South Africa, Australia and Indonesia, one simple mantra has kept Jordy’s batteries charged and allowed us the pleasure of NOW NOW: “I just want to go surf. That’s what I want to do.”
Jordy commented, “This movie kinda just happened, I wasn’t really expecting to drop another movie so soon after Bending Colours, then I did a few trips down to Mozambique to test boards and get dialed for Snapper and scored some epic waves.”
“I love Durban, its probably the best place in the world to get clips. The waves are so consistent and super hollow and rampy. I’d seen a few of the young Brazilian kids sticking backflips which got me amped. Iended up sticking two big ones in Ballito, that’s when I realised that we were sitting on some sick footage & had to make this movie.”
On sale Friday 13th September 2013 on iTunes
The post STAB X O’Neill present Jordy Smith’s movie NOW NOW appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March