The O’Neill Tahoe Cup series culminated this past weekend with the Fall Classic, a 22-mile race from Camp Richardson in South Lake Tahoe to Kings Beach in North Lake. Perfect conditions greeted the paddlers with glassy conditions and 75-degree weather. With the beautiful backdrop of Lake Tahoe, competitors couldn’t have asked for more to finish off the Tahoe race season.
O’Neill team rider, Rob Rojas, blew away the competition to take the overall and unlimited titles with a race record of 3 hrs and 18 min. Rob decided against competing in the Hennessey’s race, instead he took his talents to Lake Tahoe and it paid off with a record-breaking victory. “We had a little wind at our backs for the first 16 miles, but at the 16 mile mark I hit a bit of slow water” said Rob, “I was able to power through it and gain momentum for the final leg of the race and take the win”.
Prone paddler, Hogan Kania, took second overall with a time of 3 hrs and 44 mins followed by Michael Valenzuela in 3rd and Chris Gutzeit in 4th. Jenny Kalmbach took the 14’ division for women’s with a 3 hrs and 58 min race, the time also gave her a 10th place overall finish. Visit www.tahoecup.org for a complete result breakdown.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith