Team O’Neill Dominates 1st Stop of the O’Neill Tahoe Cup SUP Series
The 2013 O’Neill Tahoe Cup SUP Race Series kicked off this past Saturday in Donner Lake, CA. In contrast to the freezing snowy conditions of the past couple years, the Donner event welcomed perfect Spring Tahoe weather with calm winds, over 135 paddlers, and 65 degree sunny skies for the first stop of the series.
O’Neill team rider, Rob Rojas, blew away the Elite Men’s field with a record time of 45 mins 52 secs to claim the Donner Lake crown. Last year’s winner Jay Wild edged out Benjamin Sarrazin to take the second spot with a close paddle battle to the finish. The victory puts Rojas in an early lead for the Tahoe SUP Series overall title, and in firm contention to lay claim to the top spot in the overall $20k series prize purse.
Sixteen year-old, Fiona Wylde put in a great paddle to take the Elite Female class. The Team O’Neill paddler captured the top spot with a time of 52 min 37sec. Anik Wild claimed the second spot, while Jen Fuller rounded out the podium.
The O’Neill Tahoe SUP Series will continue on July 13 at the Jam from the Dam race. The Jam is a 6 mile point-to-point race, which starts at Commons Beach, Tahoe City and finishes at the Waterman’s Landing in Carnelian Bay.
Men’s 5MI Elite Results:
1. Rob Rojas M 39 San Clemente, CA 14’ Elite Ohana 45:52
2. Jay Wild M 33 Truckee, CA 14’ Elite 47:07
3. Benjamin Sarrazin M 39 Petaluma, CA 14’ Elite Boga 47:11
Women’s 5MI Elite Results:
1. Fiona Wylde F 16 Hood Rive, OR Stock Elite Naish 52:37
2. Anik Wild F Truckee, CA Stock Elite 53:55
3. Jen Fuller F 49 Sausalito, CA Stock Elite Infinity 53:57
The post Team O’Neill Dominates 1st Stop of the O’Neill Tahoe Cup SUP Series appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career