Team O’Neill Welcomes Nate Yeomans
February 3, 2015, Santa Cruz, CA – O’Neill is proud to announce the signing of professional surfer, Nate Yeomans.
In October of 2014 Nate Yeomans won the Coldwater Classic Invitational and took home the “winner take all” grand prize sponsorship from O’Neill consisting of $50,000 to travel the world and compete in the World Qualifying Series in pursuit of making the World Championship Tour.
“I was doing job interviews before I went up to Santa Cruz to compete in the Coldwater Classic, trying to figure out my future. Now I have this opportunity from O’Neill, to chase my dreams of making it back on tour.” Said Yeomans.
“Nate is a great addition to Team O’Neill. His amazing surfing and good vibes are things that we look for in our athletes. ” Said Shane Skelton Marketing and Team Manager for O’Neill.
“We are extremely excited to welcome Nate to Team O’Neill. He’s an amazing surfer, a consummate professional and incredible ambassador for the sport and O’Neill” Said Brian Kilpatrick, VP of Marketing Communications.
Nate has come into the 2014/15-winter season with wind in his sails. After his win in Santa Cruz ,his wife gave birth to his second child. This life-changing event has given Nate a boost of confidence and motivation to do well in the 2015 QS season.
2015 is going to be busy for Nate. He will be competing in all of the ASP Prime events as well as some select ASP star events. During his travels O’Neill will be producing a documentary style video that follows the long hard WQS road and his interaction with Team O’Neill. The first teaser of this video will be available April. All teasers and the video will be available to view at http://www.oneill.com/wetsuits as well as Surfer, Grind TV and Surfline.
“I’m really looking forward to competing in 2015 without financial stress. I am just going to put my head down and give it my best.” Said Yeomans when asked about his 2015 plans.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge