John John seems to be at the top of everyone’s list on the winners tab… take a look!
What: Volcom Fiji Pro
Where: Restaurants and Cloudbreak just offshore of Tavarua
When: June 3-15, 2012
Watch it live at Volcomfijipro.com!
Volcom Fiji Pro: Staff And Pro Picks
Innersection Winner Albee Layer
Winner: Slater, he’s psyching.
Rookie Threat: John John.
Shocker: Hopefully he wave will be shockingly big, that will be fun to watch.
Darkhorse pick: Owen Wright’s not really a darkhorse, but he’ll be tough to beat out there.
TWS Photo Editor Aaron Checkwood
Winner: John John Florence. The force is with him.
Rookie Threat: Gabriel Medina. I can’t see him not doing damage. Does that make sense?
Shocker: Kelly uses sunscreen for the first time and slips out of the second round.
Darkhorse: Ace Buchan. I can see Fiji being Ace’s ace in the hole.
“Hana” Hank Gaskell
Winner: John John is the best surfer in the world as of yesterday.
Rookie Threat: John John
Shocker: It will be perfect the whole event!
Darkhorse pick: Kai Otton if it’s big, Kieren Perrow too, he’ll rip out there.
TWS Editor In Chief Chris Coté
Winner: John John Florence has a lot of momentum going in to this event, but Slater has something magical at Cloudbreak—both will do well, but I’m gonna throw CJ Hobgood as the winner—coming back in good form to dominate Cloudbreak again.
Rookie Threat: Gabriel Medina isn’t known for his tube riding, but he’s a smart surfer and will make a lot of heats—he won’t do a 360 the entire event.
Shocker: The event will end at double overhead perfect Restaurants —people will be getting 12-second tubes on every wave.
Darkhorse: Injury wildcard Freddy P is gonna light it up in his heats—passionate surfing will prevail—go goofy!
Haole Hawaiian Dege O’Connell
Winner: Slater and John John will battle for the win.
Rookie Threat: John John, easy answer.
Shocker: Wilko’s bar tab will be huge.
Darkhorse pick: Brett Simpson, he’ll surprise some people for sure.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January