WHERE WILL THE O’NEILL WAVE OF THE WINTER SOUTHERN HEMI EDITION BE WON?
Six years ago Surfline helped set the Hawaiian performance scale with its annual “Wave of the Winter” video clip contest.
The result? A veritable flood tide of submissions capturing some of the most outrageous North Shore surfing ever seen.
But this season we asked ourselves “Why only feature the greatest rides on the Seven Mile Miracle when we could be watching the best rides from over five different continents?”
The O’Neill Wave of the Winter Southern Hemisphere is doing just that, featuring video clips of the best rides from the bottom half of our world’s craziest waves. And if you thought all that action from Pipeline and Backdoor was heavy, wait until clips start pouring in from…
Caption: Check out official rules, judges and how to enter right here.
At anything over 15 feet this horizontal hurricane has made the surreal a reality. So if anybody plans on standing out in this fearsome reef break’s “standing room only” caverns it’s going to take super-late, super-deep takeoffs combo’d with the balls to take on the sport’s hungriest foamball. Home to some of the most epic rides in surfing — think Laird Hamilton’s ‘Millennium Wave’, Andy Irons’ bar-setting rail-grab drop or Nathan Fletcher’s scale-exploding barrel — this fright site at the End of the Road has got to be the favorite break to take WOTWSH honors. And with a host of hellmen Tahitian locals and frothing visitors alike, if the swell goes Code Black something heavy is bound to go down.
For more locations click here.
The post WHERE WILL THE O’NEILL WAVE OF THE WINTER SOUTHERN HEMI EDITION BE WON? appeared first on O'Neill.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill
- Jack O’Neill 1923-2017
- The Wave Of The Winter Movie Is Officially Live
- La Vida Lopez Featuring Cory Lopez, Brett Barley & Robbie McCormick
- Team O’Neill Update: Jordy’s Road to Bells
- Golden Light Presented By Herewith
- Jordy Smith Claims Legendary Bell’s Beach Victory for the First Time in his Career
- Stab Full Frame – March
- Seth Moniz Wins O’Neill Breakthrough Performer
- Koa Rothman Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter
- WOTW Top 10 Entries
- Best Combo I’ve Ever Pulled | Brett Barley
- Stab – Full Frame
- O’Neill Cocoa Beach Challenge
- Surf Muse: Kiana Fores
- Corona Pro Circuit – Stop #2
- Sebastián Correa Wins O’Neill Wave of the Winter Reader’s Choice for January
- Soli Bailey Wins Pipe Pro, Leads Qualifying Series
- Seth Moniz leads O’Neill Wave of the Winter Breakthrough Performer Award
- Windows and Angles featuring Shaun Burns