Jordy Smith has started 2017 in style. After laying the groundwork at home in the off season the South African phenom was primed to take on the challenge of the Australian leg head on.
Results snowballed through the three events with Jordy edging closer to the final each time. He found his groove at Bells Beach, where he looked poised to end his 10-year quest to ring the coveted bell. After some amazing free surf sessions the dedication finally paid off … it was time to crown a new king of Bells Beach. A historic moment for South Africa, Jordy and an amazing memory for us here at O’Neill and all the fans.
The perfect way to close the Australian leg on a high note. Jordy now sits comfortably in second place in the WSL rankings.
Moving on to Brazil Jordy has won there before so good luck in Rio and let’s continue the title push!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- TRAVELER UTILITY HYBRID SHORTS
- WATCH: STRIKE MISSIONS - PARADISE LOST
- WATCH: WANDERING OAXACA - ELI OLSON
- WATCH: WANDERING OAXACA - LEVI PRAIRIE
- HYPERFREAK HYDRO BOARDSHORT: BEHIND THE DESIGN
- WATCH: JORDY SMITH | BEYOND AFRICA
- INTRODUCING: THE SLATER COLLECTION
- WELCOME TO TEAM O'NEILL: NOAH WEGRICH
- WATCH: IDLE HANDS WITH CHRIS CHRISTENSON - CHAPTER 2
- A CONVERSATION WITH DWIGHT PASTRANA
- WATCH: JAKE KELLEY IN 'SIMULATION'
- A CONVERSATION WITH JORDY SMITH
- WATCH: #HAWAIILIVE - THE EDIT
- FAMILY FUN WITH THE LOPEZ'S
- A CONVERSATION WITH SOLI BAILEY
- WATCH: #HAWAIILIVE - EP. 4
- CONGRATULATIONS SOLI BAILEY - 2019 WCT ROOKIE
- WATCH: #HAWAIILIVE - EP. 3
- A CONVERSATION WITH ELI OLSON
- A CONVERSATION WITH HONOLUA BLOMFIELD
- A CONVERSATION WITH LEVI PRAIRIE
- ON IT WITH BRETT BARLEY
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series