The Skeleton Key
IT WAS THE SURF TRIP TO END ALL SURF TRIPS. A LIFETIME TRAVEL SAGA PUNCTUATED, ONCE AND FOR ALL, WITH A PERIOD. YET IT ALL STARTED WITH A QUESTION MARK.
“There was a lot of naysaying and suspicion about this event,” explains Surfline’s Director of Forecasting, Mark Willis. “Wrong tide, bad sand, swell rotating too south, too quickly, less-than-ideal winds… A lot of that armchair forecast chatter had some merit, but this was a legitimate, 15-20ft, deepwater swell during its peak, and it’s hard not to pull the trigger when you have Travis Kuhlman and some of the world’s best goofyfooters ready to go. The winds weren’t ideal when it built rapidly on Wednesday afternoon, but by Thursday morning the winds were perfect.”
Watch the video and read the rest of the article here.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- A CONVERSATION WITH LEVI PRAIRIE
- ON IT WITH BRETT BARLEY
- WATCH: IAN CRANE IN "TEXAS MADE"
- RUSSELL BIERKE - QUALIFIES FOR WSL BIG WAVE WORLD TOUR
- MEET: IMOGEN CALDWELL
- The 32nd Edition Corona Pro Circuit - O'Neill Series
- Welcome to Team O'Neill: Imogen Caldwell
- WATCH: LEVI PRAIRIE IN "THE DIRTY MARTINI"
- WATCH: COLD BOYS
- WATCH: LIFE OF GLIDE
- World Longboard Champion - Honolua Blomfield
- Surf Muse: Mahina Garcia
- The Life of Glide
- Surf Muse: Karson Lewis
- On The Tea
- Jordy Smith - Beyond the Tour
- Jordy Extends Lead in Title Race
- Surf Muse: Amber Mozo
- Jordy Smith Is Currently The Best Surfer In The World According to the WSL ranking, at least.
- O’Neill x Stab: A Place In The Sun
- Jordy Smith | New World #1
- Bred to Shred 2017
- The Very Best Of Young Gun, Dwight Pastrana
- Surf Muse: Honolua Blomfield
- By A Thread | Russel Bierke
- THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN SURF BRAND
- Jack O’Neill World Memorial Paddle Out
- Jack O’Neill Global Paddle Outs
- I Knew Jack
- Jack O’Neill Memorial Paddle Out
- Dust and the Wind with Torrey Meister
- Baja Bug With Timmy Reyes
- The Skeleton Key
- Surf Muse: Amy Murphree
- Celebration of the Life of Jack O’Neill