Effective Date: September 16, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, create a profile, use the interactive areas and features on our site, make a purchase, sign up for events, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we collect include, for example, name, postal address, phone or fax number, email address, account information (e.g., credit card and online registration information), and other information that you choose to provide.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
We receive certain types of information automatically whenever you use our services or sites. For example, when your Web browser accesses our site, we obtain certain types of information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, access times, and the page you visited before visiting our site. We may also collect information about your computer’s operating system and information about your usage and activity on our site.
We automatically collect data using cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file that our sites transfer to your computer. We deliver these cookies and collect data on our sites, and we may also use third party agents to deliver cookies and collect data. We use the data we collect using cookies to help support the integrity of the registration and buying processes on our sites, retain your preferences and account settings, learn about your possible interests so we can personalize our marketing and information to better support your interests, and improve our sites and your experience. When you view a video on our site that uses Adobe Flash Player, a third party (Adobe Systems Inc.) may set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security to learn more about how Adobe Systems Inc. protects your privacy.
We also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened or acted upon.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive personal information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you communications about the Company and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and geographically relevant information;
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- maintain and administer your account; and
- operate and improve our sites and services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you outside of the Company and its affiliates, including as follows:
- We hire other companies to perform certain business-related services or complete transactions on our behalf. We may disclose personal information to certain types of third party companies to enable them to provide such services. The types of companies that may receive personal information and their functions are: hosting services, technical assistance, database management/back-up services, use analytics, third party marketing partners, email marketing platforms, data co-ops, service providers related to our mail catalogs, fulfillment services, distributors, payment processors, and customer service. These companies, as allowed by law, may use the shared personal information for their own marketing or commercial purposes. If you would like to opt-out of O'Neill's mail catalogs or marketing e-mails, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.
- To provide our Website and administer promotional programs, we may share your personal information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may, from time to time, share personal information to other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
- We may also disclose personal information to our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control to support the marketing and sale of our products and services.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, state and other information of contest and sweepstakes winners.
- We may post or publish anything you post on our sites when you submit comments, stories, photos, blog postings and videos in connection with our sites or if others send us anything about your activities or postings.
- Personal information may be shared as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing or sale of company assets. It may also be shared in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets in the transaction
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from the Company by following the instructions in those emails. You may also change your postal mail and email preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account or our ongoing business relations.
If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information by contacting us at the addresses below. You can also request changes to your personal information and request that we not disclose your information to third-parties for their own marketing purposes by contacting us at the addresses below.
You can choose to stop collection of data by cookies on our site. Cookies set by the Company’s agent can be disabled by visiting oneillclothing.com. You may also set your browser to remove and reject cookies set by the Company. This may not affect third party “flash cookies” used in connection with videos you may view on our site. To manage and disable “flash cookies” set by Adobe Systems Inc., visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our sites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company endeavors to use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction while it is under our control. While we use commercially reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
RIGHT TO KNOW
RIGHT TO DELETE
You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you. However, the law exempts certain information from deletion. For example, we may keep information necessary for security and fraud detection. We also may keep information needed to provide you goods or services. When we respond to your request to delete, we will explain what (if any) information we have kept and why. Please note that the law does not consider anonymized or pseudonymized information to be “personal information,” and we may “delete” your information by anonymizing or pseudonymizing it.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at our email@example.com or call us at (855) 554-5930.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) creates new consumer rights for residents of the state of California relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses. To learn more visit our CCPA Page.
Our sites are directed at teenagers and adults and not to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly distribute such information. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personal information through our sites. Similarly, because we do not collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, we do not condition the participation of a child under 13 in activities on providing personal information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from someone under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13.
As you browse oneill.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners, including Criteo, Rakuten, Google, and Facebook, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with oneill.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Company may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by changing the “Effective Date” date above or as required by law.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please contact us as follows:
14350 Myford Road
Irvine, CA 92606, USA