O'Neill Wetsuits Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the main differences in the Psycho Series wetsuits?
A. We have 3 styles in this series and below are the main differences:
- Freak Styles:The Psycho Freak has the best features and technology available. The lightest firewall ever produced with SuperSeam Weld and O'Neill's Technobutter 2 Air-Insulation rapid drying TechnoButter Neoprene makes this highly innovative, technical design the best performing, warmest wetsuit available. Features include Super Seam Weld, TB Fire Wall Smoothskin, no stitching, least flexible, and highest warmth temperature rating
- Tech Styles:Lighter, warmer, more insulating and quick drying with improved ease of entry. Psycho tech is the latest advancement in cold water wetsuit technology. Features include Fluid Seam Weld, TB Fire Wall Smoothskin, Triple Glued which is also blind stitched, Mid Flexibility and is mid warmth temperature rating
- One Styles:This is the ultimate high-performance cold water wetsuit. Built with ultra gooey Technobutter 2 Neoprene and ultra-minimal seam styling. Offers unrestricted mobility, enhanced durability and incredible fit. The Psycho One will raise your performance level to new heights. Main features include: Fluid Seam Weld, No Smoothskin, Triple Glued which is also blind stitched, Highest flexibility, and is the lowest in temperature rating
Q. What does the thickness mean in a wetsuit?
A.The wetsuit thickness measurements is in milimeters and run from the center of the suit,(your core or abdomen) to you extremities (arms and legs). So, for example, a 3/2MM wetsuit, the core of the wetsuit is 3 Millimeters thick and the legs and arms are 2 Milimeters thick.
Q. What is Z.E.N Zip?
A.Z.E.N Zip is the back zip entry to the wetsuit. O'Neill's original patented Z.E.N closure allows for zipper less free floating feel, short zip, and barrier-2 mixed with zen collar to keep out the water. It allows less paddle flexibility.
Q. What is F.U.Z.E Zip?
A.F.U.Z.E Zip is the chest zip entry to the wetsuit. Based off O'Neill's patented Z.E.N Zip system, this allows for zipper less free floating feel and more paddle flexibility.
Q. What is TechnoButter?
A.TechnoButter is the most advanced neoprene on the market. Super stretch, less water absorption, and quick drying. 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with quick dry properties.
Q. What is the best method to care for my Wetsuit?
A.Care varies by personal preference and different recommendations but the basics are:
- Rinse with fresh water after every use
- Clean with wetsuit shampoo every 3-5 uses for maximum life time. *O'Neill branded wetsuit shampoo is available in selected retailers
- Oil buttons and zippers every few months
Q. Can I repair my wetsuit at home myself?
A. It is recommended that you send all repair inquiries to our O'Neill Wetsuit Repair Team CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Q. What is the Warranty Information on Wetsuits?
A.If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O’Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O’Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does O’Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customer’s name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below. Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
Q. How do I figure out what size suit I need?
A. Use the below chart to find out the comparable size for you:
Q. What is is the temperature rating for wetsuits?
WETSUIT TEMPERATURE GUIDE
Q. How do I return a wetsuit I purchased from oneill.com?
A. If you have to return a Wetsuit please DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE to make sure the wetsuit is not damaged during shipping.